Sunday, June 16, 2013

New to selling from the studio

Sunday June 16 2013

Hello fellow "Summer Breezers" . I am excited to be part of this group and to be showing my work for the first time here. I moved to Gabriola a little over a year ago and selling work directly from my studio is a new learning curve for me. Until now, I have always shown work in galleries and exhibition spaces.

I have been busy fixing up part of my basement studio as a "gallery" and getting my work up and ready and dealing with a few frustrating ups and downs of the "do-it-yourself" artist life! I will post a photo when its all done. I would appreciate any tips and advice from you as I get ready to open up.

My 'descriptor' -says "history"-- some of it is, but I have been making a new series of small collages and handmade cards relating to local terrain! I am just uploading some of these on my website.

1 comment:

  1. I changed your descriptor Antoinette! Hope this one works better.

    ReplyDelete